As much as I like creating things...
kids crafting has never been my "forte."
Maybe it has to do with that one extra ingredient that my regular crafting doesn't have...
kids.. :)
My eldest on the other hand loves to do kids crafts...
she does them almost everyday...
all by herself :)
(and she actually comes up with some pretty great stuff!)
So yesterday I bit the bullet...
and we did a kids craft...
and it actually turned out pretty cool :)
We got the idea from good ole Martha Stewart
she did these lovely wax hearts for Valentines Day.
We didn't get around to doing them then...
so we thought we'd modify and try to make eggs for Easter...
Not too shabby for our one and only Easter craft. :)
On a completely different note....
Yesterday morning Ahdee came to me and told me that her tooth was loose.
Now, please understand, I've heard this a time...
or two...
or twenty...
So when she asked me to feel it wiggle...
I was not expecting it to actually WIGGLE!!!
And I tell you my heart stopped.
My baby is old enough for a bonafide loose tooth?
When did this happen?
She just got that tooth!
She just got that tooth!
Of course it was "watching out the window,
waiting endless hours for daddy to get home" newsworthy..
waiting endless hours for daddy to get home" newsworthy..
so that's what she did.
It was pretty wiggly when he got home...
she had been working on it for hours...
but not quite ready.
I thought I had more time...
But when daddy got home...
it was all over..
they "really" started working on it.
And with one "crack" it was hanging by a horrid thread.
Blood everywhere.
(I may be exaggerating a bit)
And there it was...
My 5 yr olds first tooth...
in her hand...
*sigh*
(please notice the tears and snot that accompanied the process)
I may be being a bit dramatic...
But I think I'm entitled...
My baby's growing up.
I'm not sure if I'm ready.
Here's the proudest kid in the U.S. last night.
Followed closely by the proudest parents.
And the tooth fairy made her first appearance in
the Wells house last night...
the Wells house last night...
She left $7.50..
the exact amount a ticket to the movie
"How to Train your Dragon" costs...
"How to Train your Dragon" costs...
"isn't that amazing she knew that," said Ahdee
yup, amazing...






No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think! :)