We have a dear dear family friend...
who happens to be an amazing surgeon too.
Beauty and Brains...
if I didn't LOVE her..
well... luckily I really do :)
She happens to live 20 minutes from me..
ANOTHER amazing perk to this assignment.
We spent every weekend together as kids.
She and her 2 other sisters and me and my sis..
the 5 inseparable girls...
that was us.
Check it out...
(me and the surgeon :)
So now it's so wonderful to hang together as adults...
and watch her play with my kids....
I guess "play" is all relative when you're a surgeon.
Last weekend she brought some"toys" for Ahdee...
They included some fun stuff..
like a surgeon mask, hat, shoe covers and gloves...
"Get a patient..", and Ayden got one of her (luckily) already naked dolls...
Next there were the things that made me a little nervous...
a real surgeons needle, with real "body" thread, with a real saline drip.
It looked something like this...
Surgeon in training...
First, the professional demonstration...
Now, her turn...
The happy patient...
The serious surgeon...

Saline applied...
It all looked so real Laughlin and I couldn't help but watch and even feel a bit proud...
Even Bean was pretty proud... :)
a big THANK YOU to Auntie Surgeon for making the experience so very real...
Now if only I could stop getting "surprise" poked by the saline applicator...
or asked if I need anything "taken out"...








No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think! :)