background

Friday, April 2, 2010

I identified the tree.. it's gonna be good!

This morning I awoke to many things...
kids screaming...
stiff neck...
hunger pangs...

And then there's the good stuff...

Thankfulness. 

that I have two healthy kids...
that Bean (and me) slept through the whole night...
and that it's Friday...

Another surprise greeted me as I peered out the window.

Our first bloom on the trees out front!

I quickly went out and snapped some pictures...
(before the neighbors could complain that I was still in my unmentionables)

Here's what I got...



So after some quick internet research
I found that it is called a
Kwanzan Cherry tree.

Here are the details:

'The Kwanzan is a relatively small tree that reaches approximately 20 feet in height with a 20 foot spread at maturity. The Kwanzan cherry has the longest lasting blooms of all the flowering cherries, and is also considered one of the hardiest. In addition to the profuse blossoms of spring, second seasonal display of color comes in autumn when the tree's dark green leaves turn a beautiful copper-orange.'

Here's a picture of the tree in full bloom:
(taken from the internet, not my front yard)


Wow- can you even stand it?
I've never lived in a place where there are actual seasons.
Spring, so far is my FAVORITE :)

I only remember Colorado having Winter, then Summer.  
Maybe the altitude prohibits the "blooming" effect...

Not sure why I'm so obsessed with these trees...

maybe they are symbolic of new, exciting things to come...

Or maybe they just block my view out the front windows...
so I can't help but think of them a few times a day :)

Oh, and I also happened across this picture...



Looks like I'll need a yard vacuum after the glorious Spring...
do they make those?

believe it or not... I'm even looking forward to that... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! :)