I can't really remember being 6...
I know I had a 1 yr old sister...
Pretty sure I was in the 1st grade...
Mrs. Hurst was my teacher's name...
these are all thing's I've written down....
not necessarily things I remember though...
Sooo I thought it important to start writing stuff down....
so my little girls can look back....
when they aren't so little anymore...
and remember when...
...
Ayden,
here's your 6 yr old list....
from your mommy's perspective....
:)
- You are THE best big sister I've ever seen. At this point you still think trading your puppy, Lady, for Micah was a good idea (most of the time). You are so very patient and caring with Micah. You have the gift of infinite patience with small kids, just like your dad. Even at 6, I look to you for guidance on this.
-You are changing Kindergarten, it's not changing you :) I love that you are a force in the world. Sometimes a quiet force, but a force none the less. I love that you root for the underdog and recognize injustice. Your heart is so big. Your friends LOVE you. Your teacher, Mrs. Pinkerton, LOVES you. Just yesterday a neighborhood friend of yours, Sean, who's 11, came up to you, punched you on the shoulder (cause that's what 11 yr old boys do).. then her grabbed his wallet which contained about 8 dollars and gave you one dollar because "it's your birthday and you deserve it"... then as he turned to walk away, he stopped and turned back, grabbed his wallet out again and gave you another dollar and said, "and here's one more because you're actually pretty cool for a kindergartener." I SO agree :)
- You are so torn between being mommie's little girl and being "cool." :) I love that you "pretend" to hate homework but say things like, "OK mom, I'll do all of my homework tonight because it'll just be good to do it and get it out of the way..." after I've just told you to go and watch TV and relax.. You say you love Star Wars, but disappeared for an hour yesterday after opening your new Barbie horse and carriage (which I almost didn't buy you because I thought maybe you'd outgrown Barbies) :). I love that you begrudgingly run back every morning and kiss me goodbye in front of your friends, and then give me that sweet smile that lets me know that you're just as happy to kiss me as I am to kiss you.
- You are still the queen of one-liners... coining phrases like "Micah the destroyer" and "mom, you really are a horrible mother" (after I beat you to the bathroom and didn't let you go first ;) These kinds of things make me laugh out loud everyday.
- I love that you make up your own way to say words and religiously stick to your unique pronunciation. Tofographer, Puspicious, Flitball, Chopstick, ClickKat, Commerialer are just a few that come to mind.
- You are a great athlete and make your dad SO proud. Your accomplishments to date are stints in Ballet, Gymnastics, Soccer, Swimming and Tae Kwon Do. Your favorite seems to be soccer, but I have a sneaking puspicion that it's because your dad's the coach :)
- You can tie your shoes! This is a big one because you worked SO hard to master this!
- You lost 4 teeth this year. Two fell out and two were pulled to make room for the new ones coming in. You handled this like a champ. Your mother did not.
- You are the healthiest person I know. If you get a cold then it means the rest of your family is near death. I hope this lasts forever! :)
- You LOVE eating out. You'd rather eat out at McDonalds then eat a 5 star dinner at home. You love when we surprise you and order you a Shirley Temple and then pretend that you somehow tricked us into having soda. :) Your second week of school, you banned Micah and I from eating at Wendy's without you while you are at school.
And there is so much more...
But as you can see..
you are an amazing 6 year old....
I'm so blessed and lucky that God game you to me....
He knew I needed you to complete my life...
it has never been more full...
more alive...
more meaningful...
since becoming your mother.
I can't wait to see where you are in a year...
but until then, I'll sit back, and enjoy the ride:)
I love you my sweet girl, happy birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think! :)