background

Monday, April 12, 2010

Aperture, ISO, White balance.. and other terms I've learned :)

My current obsession...
(because i always have to have at least one)

PHOTOGRAPHY...

While exploring my side obsession..
(blogging)

i have discovered this whole world of talented..
resourceful...
& amazing women.

They do it all..

and they document it all...

and some of them take the most awesome pictures!

So in my quest to be great at everything...

i have taken on photography..

My loving, supporting (crazy?) husband
bought me a nifty camera.

by "nifty" I mean expensive...

and I've been diving right in..

I took a photography class this weekend..

4 hours of learning the anatomy of a camera...
I figured I needed to know this to be able to take good pictures...

I'm going to give you a visual of what I'm going for...

instead of this...

i want this...

can you see the difference? 

one is good.. 
the other is great...

So I came home and practiced what i learned...

but instead of good to great...

i think I got 'needs help' to better...

'needs help'

'better'
(see the difference in lighting)




'needs help'

'better'


this is SOOOOO a work in progress...

so take the journey with me...

hopefully I'll progress...

and please feel free to comment on the pics :)

oh, and of course I also found out that I need to get one of these...

it's only a few (4) hundred more dollars...
anyone wanna donate to the cause?  lol

i don't think Laughlin's buying it...
at least not yet.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! :)